As central territorial headquarters prepared to move from Des Plaines to Hoffman Estates a year ago, each department was tasked with reviewing and identifying their purpose as a department. We want to share with you our final purpose, vision and mission for Central Women:
The Women’s Ministries Department (Central Women) equips Godly leaders to create space where women feel value and included. We believe this happens best as women gather together, creating disciples of Jesus who will impact their family, community, and the world.
This is demonstrated by:
- Providing online connections for existing and emerging leaders;
- Creating and resourcing relevant, easy to replicate programs that can be immediately accessed online;
- Creating World Services advocates through women’s ministries mission teams;
- Collaborating with THQ departments to helps us initiate opportunities where all women, in all life circumstances, cultures and ages are included;
- Providing leadership for the field by communicating with divisional women’s ministries leaders, teaching and guesting at divisional events;
- Providing opportunities to meet together territorially;
- Using data collected from the divisions: identify needs, strategize methods, and celebrate programming leaders have successfully used to create disciples, empower leaders, and impact the world.
INTERNATIONAL MISSION STATEMENT:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible.
Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs His name without discrimination.