The shared theme of Salvation Army Women’s Ministries
throughout the world in 2018 is ‘Mission to Serve’.
In Luke’s Gospel (22:26b-27) Jesus says: ‘… the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the
one who rules like the one who serves. For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves?
Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.’
And in John 15:15 Jesus says: ‘I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s
business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known
This year’s Bible studies will encourage you to reflect on what it means to serve the Lord in your
daily life and to serve others in his name.
These studies are designed to be flexible and allow for the addition of material that is relevant to
your culture and context.
Each study includes four sections which can be explored with your group, as follows:
1. What the Bible says – where you explore ‘What does the text actually say?’
It is important that you read the Bible carefully and allow it to speak to you and guide the content
of your study.
2. Our lives today – considers such questions as:
• What does the Bible reading tell you about your life?
• Does it highlight any problems in society?
• What challenges are there for the way you live your life?
3. Discussion questions – depending upon where you are using the studies, you may choose
to select one or two that seem most suitable for you, or ask different groups to discuss other
aspects and possibly, if you have time, share what they have been speaking about.
4. Ready to serve – this is designed to give you something to take away and do before you
Click HERE for the studies and click HERE for the videos that go with the study.