Wow! Our “40 Small Ways to Practice Lent Daily” is one of our highest viewed blog posts – ever! We believe that means you are all looking to be connected and disciplined by our Savior, to know Him better and to prepare your hearts for the celebration of His Resurrection. Your response to this post makes me think you want more, so more I will give.
We want to be a resource for you when you need tools for your spiritual development and relationship with our God.
The five questions below were posed by Christian, author, speaker and blogger – Rachel Held Evans to help readers enter into the right heart and mind set for this time of preparation. Click on the link that follows to find FOUR MORE 40 Lent idea lists (she makes one every year!), book and music suggestions, online resources, ten fasts/disciplines/rituals and five prayer and meditations.
5 Questions to Ask Yourself:
1. When I wake up on Resurrection Sunday morning, how will I be different? What am I preparing for?
2. Is there a habit or sin in my life that repeatedly gets in the way of loving God with my whole heart or loving my neighbor as myself? How do I address that issue over the next 40 days?
3. What are some things in my life that I tell myself I need but I don’t? Can I give one or two of them up for 40 days?
4. Is there a spiritual discipline—praying the hours, lectio divina, stations of the cross, etc.—that I’ve always wanted to try? How might I alter my daily routine to include one of these disciplines? And how can I engage all my senses—sight, sound, taste, smell, touch—as I practice them?
5. How do I want Lent 2014 to affect not only the next 40 days but also the next 40 years?
For Rachel’s Lent resources click here ——-> Lent 2014