Applications for the 2016 Women’s Ministries Team to Alaska (October 19-27) are now being accepted for women of the Central Territory that fit the following criteria:
Qualifications for Applicants
- Actively involved in Women’s Ministries at a Central Territory Corps
- Must have the endorsement of the Corps Officer and Divisional Headquarters.
- Visibly demonstrate love for God and compassion for others.
- Emotional and spiritual maturity
- Knowledge of the Bible
- Evangelistic zeal and a clear personal witness
- Tolerant personality / Even temperament
- Friendliness / Approach-ability
- Specific skills / experience in teaching, public speaking, evangelism, gospel arts, women’s ministries programming.
Duties may include but are not limited to: preaching, teaching, serving the homeless, home visitations, music and more. Previously, our teams have served on the staff of women’s retreats, provided programming for women’s ministries groups for corps, special events, senior homes as well as children’s programs.
Purpose and Goal – Central Territory Women’s Ministries has been known for its fundraising efforts for World Services and Self Denial Funds. To better equip our women to be voices and advocates for our brothers and sisters overseas, the Central Territory has created Territorial Women’s Ministries Mission Teams.
The primary purposes of Women’s Ministries Mission Teams are:
- Impact team member’s spiritual growth.
- Build leaders of The Salvation Army.
- Increase World Service giving.
- Increase corps and divisional mission teams.
Click HERE for the application.
To stay up-to-date on Salvation Army news and happenings, follow our Facebook page by clicking “Like” below.