Central Women’s social media platforms serve as an online source not just for resources, programs and connection for women but also to share news and happenings from territorial headquarters at large. Here’s a new opportunity available for Salvationist actors and performers, of all ages! Check it out and share with others that maybe interested!
The Salvation Army USA Central Territory has commissioned a full-length Broadway style musical to be written by playwright Joe Caddy (Bill Booth Theater Company) and songwriter Phil Laeger (formerly of transMission). This piece, entitled “A LONG WAY OFF”, is now seeking applications and auditions for actor/performers from around the Central Territory for its debut production in June 2018.
• All applicants must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2018
• In order to be cast in the show, applicants must exhibit:
- o Ongoing discipleship to Jesus Christ.
- o Active service and upstanding soldiership in their corps
- . o A demonstration of musical and theatrical skill through two rounds of auditions
• All applicants must be able to commit to ALWO rehearsal obligations and secure approval by corps/command unit. (see draft schedule below)
• Officers wishing to participate must obtain approval from their unit commander.
For full audition guidelines and procedures, see attached document. All applications and auditions must be received by September 17, 2017, to be eligible for call-back workshop.
Live auditions in the Chicago area are available by appointment. Chicago area applicants are invited to audition in person at THQ on Monday September 11 between the hours of 6:00 – 9:00 PM (contact Joe to make an appointment).
All other questions and inquiries should be directed to [email protected]
Detailed guidelines HERE
Rehearsal Schedule HERE
Application link, HERE