Sounding the Battle Cry
For Women and Girls
NEW LAUNCH for International Women’s Ministries: “Battle Cry”
In February of 2020, the International Salvation Army initiated “REIMAGINING” Women’s Ministries: “a call for The Salvation Army’s worldwide ministry to women to be fit for purpose for the 21st century.”
The Central Territory whole-heartedly embraced this initiative as we were then thrust into navigating our way through the Covid-19 pandemic (click HERE for 30 weeks of virtual women’s ministries).
Now we are moving into a new phase to engage women in social justice for women’s equity.
Using a quote from Catherine Booth, “The waters are rising, but so are we…” Commissioner Rosalie Peddle challenges us to face head on the systematic equity injustices for women.
The Central Territory accepts this “Battle Cry” challenge as we work together to create a more equitable Army by:
- Helping women and girls grow into a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and to know that they play a vital role in sharing the gospel.
- Creating opportunities for women to take on leadership roles within the ministry.
- Addressing women’s unique needs and providing support and resources in the areas of education and health.
- Advocating for change by raising awareness against sexual assault and violence.
- Promoting diversity and inclusion, empowering women from different communities.
To see the Exhibit and learn more, click on the links below: